9.25.2005

We're on the train!

Or at least two of us are. Professor University and Mr. Pants are on our way to Chicago where we'll head to Schenectady and up to Montreal to meet nerdgirl, Monster and J.D. for our first screening on the 30th of September at FilmPop.

Thanks to all the people who helped to get us here! You are good hard workers! Hooray for you.

This tour is great. I love living like this. As exciting as it is to be on the road (er, tracks), traveling is actually quite a lot of sitting around. The highlights of our day today include laying on cold stone slabs in a small park in front of the train station in Everett Washington (waiting for the train), making up jokes (while waiting for the train), and... waiting for the train.

Now that we're on the train, it's a lot of waiting for it to stop. Then waiting for it to go. Sometimes, we get up and walk around a bit, or we say "ooh, that's pretty," or make small talk with the elderly couple across the aisle.

Not that it's boring - we're having a great time. We came up with a fun list of things to tell people when they ask why we're going to Schenectady. Here's some. The formula goes:

"Where you headed?"
"Schenectady."
"Uh-huh, and watcha doin' there?"


"I play bass for the Mamas and the Papas. We're on tour."

"I'm going to work for the Pope. Ya - he moved. You didn't hear?"

"I'm starting a sanctuary for animals injured in the Central American conflict. I should be pretty busy."

"Who said anything about Schenectady?"

"I'm going to spread the news of the World Wide Web."

"I'm a missionary. I'm starting a vaccination hut."

"Actually, I'm going to Chicago. See, I got drafted to play for the Bulls this season, and this here's my manager. I just gotta stop in Schenectady for some, um... unfinished business you might say."

"There's a Wal-Mart there, it's the only one I haven't been to yet."

"I'm a primatologist."

"I'm in plumbing - going to flush out their bayous."

"Sale on Q-Tips."


There were more, but I don't remember them. It's a fun game, though. If you think of any, let us know.

A content, if somewhat contorted,

Mr. Pants.


-evpc-

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

"Who said anything about Schenectady?"

is my favourite.

:D

7:40 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

"Who said anything about Schenectady?"

is my favourite.

:D

7:41 PM  
Blogger muffy larue said...

mine, too! mine, too!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you are sitting on the train but a little upset that I can't pronounce Schenectady. Lots of happy!! Ains

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I come from, we don't joke about Schenectady.

-Kat

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat! I thought of you this morning when we were in Utica. Can't wait to see you. -Todd

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home